Tooth Extraction Houston, TX 77042
When is Tooth Extraction Needed?
Tooth extraction is something your dentist might save as a last resort. Nonetheless, it is needed in a few situations, as it will keep your mouth healthy. You might undergo tooth extraction for:
- Gum disease
- Excessive tooth decay
- Impacted wisdom teeth
- Chemotherapy (since the body is fighting cancer, it fails to keep your mouth healthy enough)
- Dental Fracture under the gums
- Overcrowded teeth
Is There Any Benefit to Wisdom Tooth Extraction?
Anyone who needs a tooth extraction in Houston, TX, can request an appointment with the best dental experts below.
What Kinds of Tooth Extraction Are There?
In a simple tooth extraction procedure, the dental expert will use local anesthesia to numb the area surrounding the targeted tooth. They will then use Elevator, a dental tool, to loosen the tooth. Then, they will pull it out with dental forceps.
For surgical tooth extraction, you will receive local and intravenous anesthesia to help you relax. Then, they will make small incisions on the gum for tooth extraction. You’ll need stitches after this procedure.
At Briar Forest Dental Group, we offer cheap tooth extraction Houston residents can afford, but that does not mean it is not the best.
What Are the Risks of Tooth Extraction?
Many patients in Houston, TX, wonder about the risks associated with tooth extractions.
Although rare, they include:
- Infection – fever, chills, excessive pain
- Swelling of the surgical site
- Prolonged bleeding that lasts more than 12 hours
- Chest pain and shortness of breath
- Lack of blood clotting
Recovery from Tooth Extraction
- Cold compresses
- No smoking, no brushing or flossing of the surgical area, and avoid using straws.
- Taking your prescribed medications
- Warm salt water rinses after 24 hours
- Let the gauze stay on the surgical site for at least 3-4 hours
Tooth Extraction Houston
Our specialist can perform the tooth extraction Houston residents are looking for. You can visit them at our clinic or place a call at 713-784-4430. You can also request an appointment on our website.