Fluoride For Dental Health In Houston, Tx 77042
Fluoride For Dental Health
Fluoride is especially beneficial if you have a high risk of developing dental caries, also known as cavities. Plaque is formed when bacteria on teeth and gums combine to create a sticky film. The acid produced by plaque erodes teeth and gums. Bacteria can infect and destroy the nerves and blood at the tooth’s center if plaque breaks down the enamel layer.
The following sections will explain fluoride treatment’s advantages, side effects, and expectations.
What happens during a fluoride treatment by a professional?
Always provide your dentist with your complete medical history to recommend the best treatments for you.
How does it function?
- Changing the structure of growing enamel in youngsters under the age of seven makes it more resistant to acid attack.
- It creates a conducive environment for forming higher-quality enamel that is more resistant to acid damage.
- Reducing bacteria’s capacity to generate acid in plaque
This entails the following procedures:
How much fluoride is required?
The following factors can exacerbate cavities:
- Excessive drug or alcohol consumption
- Eating disorder
- Inadequate oral hygiene
- A scarcity of professional dental treatment
- Dietary deficiencies
- A dry mouth or a reduction in saliva
- Enamel weakness
How does this benefit the most people?
- Take pleasure in nibbling.
- Have bad oral hygiene
- You have limited or no access to a dentist.
- Consume high-sugar or high-carbohydrate diets.
- Have bridges, crowns, braces, and other treatments been performed?