Endodontist In Houston, Tx 77042
What Is an Endodontist?
Endodontists can do everything that a family dentist can do though so you may already be seeing an endodontist without realizing it!
What Training Does an Endodontist Have?
What Does an Endodontist Do?
Endodontists are specialists in determining the underlying causes of tooth pain. They also perform the following dental procedures:
- Endodontic retreatment is the removal and replacement of materials used in a previous root canal that did not heal properly.
- Repairing complex dental injuries or treating severe tooth infections may be part of an emergency dental surgery.
- Tooth extraction
- Dental implant surgery: The surgical placement of a dental implant, which can then be used to support prosthetics such as bridges in order to restore appearance and function after a tooth is extracted.
- Apicoectomy (removal of the end, or tip, of a tooth’s root) is an example of endodontic surgery.
When Should I Call an Endodontist?
You may need to contact an endodontist if you have:
- Toothache that won’t go away
- Unknown cause of pain in your mouth or jaw
- Sensitive teeth to cold or heat
- Inflammation (swelling) nearby the affected teeth or gums.
Some causes of tooth pain (such as a tooth abscess) can be dangerous to your health if left untreated for an extended period of time. Seek immediate medical care if you injure your mouth in an accident or notice any signs of infection, such as:
- Difficulties in breathing or swallowing
- Swelling or redness in your mouth that spreads to your cheek